Community-Based Response Network
This new project, funded by Status of Women Canada, is designed to coordinate a sustainable network of organizations and other stakeholders in Victoria, BC, with the goal of developing strategies to better respond to sexualized violence across diverse communities. Our Network is currently comprised of:
- The Victoria Native Friendship Centre
- The Intercultural Association of Greater Victoria
- Mary Manning Centre: Child Abuse Prevention and Counseling Society of Greater Victoria
- Peers Resource Society
- Victoria Women’s Transition House
- Victoria Immigrant and Refugee Centre
- Victoria Sexual Assault Centre
Already, together we have been able to share strengths, goals, and concerns, as well as address some problems through the process of collaborating. Over the next few months each organization will be focusing on conducting community consultations including service providers, which will give us a clearer idea about existing capacity and assets, what gaps exist in services, and what community-based alternative strategies could help us better respond to sexualized violence.
Watch our blog and this page for updates!
For more information, please email Elicia Loiselle.