What is the Fast Five Fundraiser?
Throughout the month of March 2018, teams of five (or more!) will get creative and connected to raise $500 (or more!) for the Victoria Sexual Assault Centre!
Teams may choose to organize an event, fundraise at work, collaborate with a business, ask their friends & family for donations or turn their favorite activity into a fundraiser – whatever your team wants to take on! The question is…How FAST can you raise it?
2018 marks the 2nd anniversary of the Fast Five Fundraiser. Last March, this successful fundraiser that saw people from all over the community come together to form teams and come up with some great fundraising ideas. These included hosting a raffle at their workplace, hosting a fundraising picnic, a kettlebell lifting competition, a sing-along screening of Mamma Mia at Star Cinema, a Shi Studio (local jewelry and accessory designer) Trunk Show, a dance party, among others! Altogether, these teams raised close to $10,000 for the Victoria Sexual Assault Centre. Thank you!!
When you become a Fast Five Fundraiser, you ensure that the Victoria Sexual Assault Centre is there to provide critical services to survivors of sexual assault and childhood sexual abuse as well as support valuable youth-led prevention education in the community.
We rely on donations to fund this important work, so every dollar counts!
There are hundreds of ways you can support us. The sections below have all the information you need to get inspired and start your team!
1.) If you would like to start a team, please email our fundraising team to let us know. In your email, please pass on your name, if you have a team of 5 already, your idea for fundraising and any other information you think would be important for us to know. Once you email us, we can keep you in the loop about the Fast Five Fundraiser.
2.) We can send you, or you can download our Fast Five Fundraiser Kit, which has a bunch of useful information, ideas, and tips for successful fundraising.
3.) Create your Team and Team Name
4.) Set up your personalized online team fundraising page through Canada Helps (scroll down and click on “create a team”).
5.) Scroll down to download some of our marketing tools that you can use as part of your event, activity or campaign.
6.) Start promoting your event or activity, or start asking for donations!
Coming Up With A Great Idea
Whatever you enjoy doing can make a great fundraising idea. The more enthusiastic you are about your idea, the more successful your fundraiser will be!
Here are some fundraising ideas to help motivate you, but feel free to use your imagination and come up with your ideas. Once you’ve chosen what you would like to do, keep our fundraising team in the loop, and we’ll support you in any we can. Feel to download Fast Five Fundraiser Kit for even more ideas and info!
Ideas for fundraising
- Charity Special: have a special menu item
- (Activity)-a-thon: for gyms, yoga studios, dance studios, etc….
- House Concert
- Art/Jewellery Sale
- Board Game Tournament
- Film Screening
Face to Face:
- Sometimes the most effective and efficient way to fundraise is just asking people directly for a donation.
- Fundraise at work: organize a Lunch Party or Jeans Day.
- Piggy Bank Challenge: Ask your friends, family or colleagues to collect their change for the month of March
- Host game night or karaoke night or quiz night or dinner party
There are a ton of ideas for fundraising events. Feel free to search online for more ideas.
We want you to have a good time with your team and fundraising idea, and we want everything to be safe and legal! Below are some guidelines that can help you plan your Fast Five Fundraiser:
- If you were planning an event, make sure that personal risks are minimal for everyone involved.
- If your event includes the general public, please obtain all necessary permits, licenses, and insurance relating to the event.
- We discourage events that are centered around excessive drinking.
- If your event or fundraising activity involves a game of chance (i.e., raffles, 50/50 draw, etc…), you may be required to get a gaming license. You can check the BC Gambling Event Licence Fundraising website to find out if you require a license.
- If you are event running where you are collecting cash donations, please take extra caution and be aware of your personal safety.
- Please do not collect money door-to-door or on the street.
- If you are collecting cheque donations, please make sure that they are made out to the Victoria Sexual Assault Centre.
- If as part of your fundraising event or activity you are collecting offline donations (cash or cheques in hand), please keep those donations secure and keep track of your donors with our Donation Tracking Form. You can arrange to drop off the donations your at the Victoria Sexual Assault Centre with our fundraising team.
- If you are organizing a 3rd party event for the Fast Five Fundraiser, you will be required to fill out a Third Party Special Events Application.
Prizes & Acknowledgement
All teams will be acknowledged in our Summer newsletter and website.
To make things interesting, we’ve got five prizes for teams with special achievements:
- Most raised (by a community team)
- Most raised (by a business team)
- Most creative fundraising
- Best media coverage
- First Five: the first team to pass the $1,000 fundraising goal
Teams that win a prize get the glory!
Bonus: Any team that raises $1000 or more will have their team name put on the Donor Appreciation Plaque!
Calendar of Fast Five Events
When one of the Fast Five Team organizes a public fundraising event to support the Victoria Sexual Assault Centre, we will post details about it here. Event updates coming soon!
Fast Five Marketing Materials
Use the hastags #VSACFast500 and #FastFiveFundraiser
Victoria Sexual Assault Centre Social Media:
Facebook cover banner – click on the picture to download.
Create your own event poster – click on the picture to download.
Examples of Last Year’s Events