We hold a number events each year with the goals of building community, having fun, and raising awareness and funds for our programs and services. Join us for one of our upcoming events, or organize your own!
2020 Triathlon of Compassion
Join us for the virtual race and fundraiser, June 14th – 21st.
- Swim, bike and run (or do a duathlon) while supportinng the Victoria Sexual Assault Center!
- Due to COVID-19, Human Powered Racing, the race crew that organizes this event, have reimagined the race and changed the format to a virtual event.
- Sprint distances are: 500m pool swim – 20k bike – 5k run. We are also offering duathlon (run-bike-run) and family relay options this year. Find all the details here.
- To participate in the race, register today! Part of the registration fee will be donated to the Victoria Sexual Assault Centre.
Become a Triathlon of Compassion Fundraiser!
- Create your own personalized fundraising webpage to raise pledges for the Victoria Sexual Assault Centre
Click on the links below to create your own fundraising page as an individual or create a fundraising team:
When we come together in support of survivors, truly amazing things happen. Your support helps us to provide services to over 1,000 people every year through emergency sexual assault support, individual counselling, support groups, help to navigate the criminal justice system, and violence prevention education. You make this possible!
The Triathlon of Compassion is Victoria’s Sexual Assault Centre’s largest annual fundraiser. Now more than ever, we need the support of our community to maintain our services for survivors. COVID-19 is having a massive impact on the health and safety of women and Trans people in our communities.
Please consider supporting survivors in this extraordinary time by participating in fundraising efforts through the Triathlon of Compassion.
Sexual assault is a power-based crime. During times of rising uncertainty and stress, there is a correlation with increased risk of gender-based violence, as people try to gain control. The implementation of important public health directives to stay home has increased vulnerability for people whose homes are not safe. For those who have experienced a historical sexual assault, these uncertain times can activate past trauma.
We are still here for survivors. During this unprecedented time, our workers are ready to provide support to survivors who need us now.
Your pledge raising helps provide life-changing counselling, support, and clinic services for survivors of sexual assault and childhood sexual abuse and valuable youth-led prevention education in our community.
Since the Triathlon of Compassion began, event participants like you have helped to fundraise over $355,000 for the programs and services of the Victoria Sexual Assault Centre! Thank you for continuing to support us in 2020!
The Triathlon of Compassion is proudly brought to you by Human Powered Racing
Sponsor a Triathlon of Compassion Participant
Click the button below and once you are on that page click on “Find a Team or Person” to search for a participant. You can also choose to donate to the fundraiser more generally by clicking on the “Donate Now” button.