Ways to Take Action Every Day
Today marks the last day of the 16Days of Activism to End Gender-Based Violence. If you’ve been following our social media throughout the last 16 days, you’ll see we’ve been highlighting ways to take action on gender-based based violence.
Now more than ever, in the age of #metoo, with survivors coming forward like never before, we need our community and our governments to work in earnest to address gender-based violence and its impacts. And we all have an integral part to play in creating a culture of respect, dignity, and consent where we are free from the threat and reality of violence.
Every day is an opportunity to take action to stand up against violence and work towards change. Here are some ways you can take action now:
- Believe survivors – let the survivors in your life know you believe them and that you are here for them;
- Take action on the Calls for Justice from the National Inquiry into Missing and Murdered Indigenous Women and Girls final report;
- Speak out against sexism, transphobia, and gender-based violence in all its forms;
- Make a donation to agencies such as ours who are working to end violence and to bring healing to survivors and their loved ones;
- Help us call on the Province to fund integrated emergency sexual assault services:
- Amplify your efforts by asking friends and family to take action as well.
Today and every day, we work toward a world where women, Trans, Two-Spirit and Gender-Diverse people can live without fear, where we are valued and respected. We stand with those who courageously come forward to disclose their experiences and seek support to heal.
Thank you for standing with us.