Help the Victoria Sexual Assault Centre win $10,000!
June is the Great Canadian Giving Challenge. Every dollar donated to VSAC in June enters us into a draw to win $10,000!
How it works…
- Every $1 donated to VSAC through our CanadaHelps donation page, during the month of June, is an automatic entry for us to win $10,000(minimum $3 donation required)
- The Challenge begins June 1, 2018 at midnight Newfoundland Daylight Time (NDT) and ends on June 30, 2018 at 11:59:59 p.m. Pacific Daylight Time (PDT)
- Grand prize draw is on July 1, 2018. One lucky charity will be chosen to receive a donation of $10,000 generously donated by the GIV3 Foundation
What VSAC can do with $10,000?
$10,000 could keep the Victoria Sexual Assault Clinic accessible 24-hours a day for 40 days!
That means recent survivors of sexual assault can get the medical care and immediate emotional support they need in a private and calm environment, at any time of day or night through our Sexual Assault Response Team (SART).
The Clinic provides a single location for recent survivors of sexual assault to access key services and acts as an information hub connecting survivors to the next steps in their healing process.
Victoria Sexual Assault Clinic provides the following services:
• Medical exams
• Forensic exams
• Crisis support
• Options for reporting to police
• Connections to community supports and resources
Directly after a sexual assault, when trust is at its lowest point, the Clinic provides a place where survivors feel supported, cared for, and safe to come through the doorway and receive the support they need to move forward. When a survivor receives immediate, compassionate support, it has a significant impact on their healing. A positive first response shortens the time it takes to recover and heal.
Since we opened the Clinic, we have seen a 173% increase in demand for SART services. Help us win $10,000 to sustain this critical service for survivors!