Community-Based Response Network Video Debut!
For the last year I have had the privilege of working with, and getting to know, a group of passionate people: The Community-Based Response Network aka The Network. The Network is made up of 7 organizations:
- The Victoria Native Friendship Centre
- The Inter-Cultural Association of Greater Victoria
- Mary Manning Centre: Child Abuse Prevention and Counseling Society of Greater Victoria
- PEERS Resource Society
- Victoria Women’s Transition House
- Victoria Immigrant and Refugee Centre
- Victoria Sexual Assault Centre
We think it is time to get to know us a little better and the best way to do that is by seeing our faces and hearing our voices. So I went around with my trusty Macbook/imovie and I recorded Network members answering the question, “What has been the impacts of participating in the network for your work and/or your life?”. I asked that question because as Network coordinator/facilitator I am in a position to observe and I have noticed the ways in which we are all changing. It seemed to me that there were impacts that went beyond the meeting rooms and workplaces, and that the sustainability of this kind of work can only happen through the personal and interpersonal connections – to ourselves, to each other and to the world around us. The result of asking this question is the most passionate of introductions in a short video. Enjoy!